FC United are offering 18-25 year olds who are not currently in education, employment or training an opportunity to get themselves support to get into work.
Are you aged between 18-25 and are not currently in education, employment or training? We can help you get back on track by offering you a 12 week course where you can achieve a nationally recognised qualiﬁcation.
This FREE 12 week course will see participants commit to 3 hours with FC United learning sports leadership skills, 3 hours with MAD Theatre Company to assist with team work, communication, presentation skills and 3 hours with Collyhurst and Moston Amateur Boxing Club to assist with physical and mental wellbeing and enrichment.
The other 7 hours will be at Broadhurst Park, Moston, where they will work towards a nationally recognised qualification – Open Awards Level 1 in Employability (QCF).
The aim is to start the course in October once we have the required number of participants. All participants will be supported at the end of the 12 week course to identify areas of work, education or training to continue their development.
What you can expect
- Help to identify individual and personal strengths particularly for progression to employment and/or further study
- We will provide opportunities which enable you to realise your potential, further developing your literacy and/or numeracy skills
- You will develop employability, social and personal development skills
- Units are transferable and may be achieved over a period time
- A wide range of assessment methods to suit your needs
- You will achieve a nationally recognised qualiﬁcation – Open Awards Level 1 Award in Employability (QCF)
Staff will also act as mentors to assist the group in getting into full time education or employment once the course has been completed.
The course will come on a ﬁrst-come, ﬁrst-served basis so get in touch as soon as you can if you’re interested.
For further details about the our ’get into work scheme’, contact us on 0161 769 2005 or email
|News ID ~ 7059
||First Posted ~ 11:41 Thu 29 Sep 2016
||Last Updated ~ 22:58 Fri 30 Sep 2016