FC United of Manchester Smaller Text Larger Text

Match Details    

7.45pm Thursday 25th February 2016

Galaxy Lancashire League

Abbey Stadium, Goredale Avenue, Gorton, Manchester, M18 7HD

Hyde United 1 - 1 FC United of Manchester

Attendance: N/K

Match Report

FC United travelled to Abbey Hey to play Hyde United and were level at 1-1 when the floodlights failed for a second time. A bullet header from Craig Lindfield gave the reds a lead that was pulled back before half time. FC United dominated possession but couldn’t find a winning goal as they were thwarted by Danny Whiting in the home goal time after time.

The floodlights failed first time in the 62nd minute and the players left the field for five minutes whilst repairs were carried out. Unfortunately they were only temporary and darkness descended again on 86 minutes.

As this seemed to be a terminal failure the referee abandoned the game. We await league confirmation but the likely outcome is that the score line of 1-1 will stand as a result.

With Hyde set up to play on the counter attack, it is no surprise that FC United created most of the chances, testing Whiting at his near post in the third minute. Further chances came and went in the first fifteen minutes, Dean Hope hitting the bar and Cameron Horner firing just wide in quick succession. On 15 minutes a move produced three corners one after the other.

So, it was no surprise that FC took the lead, scoring in the 18th minute. A Hope corner was cleared to Michael Jones on the edge of the box, rather than look for a shot he returned the ball to Hope whose cross picked out Lindfield by the far post. It could have been two a minute later when Lindfield turned provider finding John Main who was thwarted by a point blank save by Whiting.

Hyde then had a fifteen minute spell when they threatened and indeed equalised after 28 minutes when the FC defence failed to deal with a cross from the left and the ball was played back across goal and in to the net.

The reds soon regained control of the game and had chances to retake the lead as Marius Isdruga headed over and Horner brought the best out of Whiting again before half time.

Apart from an occasional counter attack by Hyde the second half was dominated by FC United. Within five minutes Horner was fouled whilst trying to work his way into the penalty area, the referee deciding it was just outside. Main took the free kick, hitting the wall and then dragging a shot from the rebound just wide.

That was his last action as he was replaced by Roger Degue and Isdruga made way for Ben Potter. Lindfield and Hope had efforts off target and on the hour Robson Buckley replaced Michael Jones and then the lights went out for the first time.

The five minute break allowed Hyde to get a second wind and Jack Ward replaced Horner. Degue managed to get behind the defence twice but was thwarted by Whiting on both occasions. Other than that there was plenty of effort but little end result and FC made one final change with Joel Bestley replacing Dan Cooke and then the lights went out again.

The Abbey Hey staff tried to get the lights working again but reported that the electrical circuit breakers were not responding and the referee decided to abandon the game. League rules state that their Management Committee will make a final decision but as the failure was beyond the control of the Hyde team, with there being so little time left to play and that there is little or no scope to find a date to replay the game they have the power to order the score to stand as a final result. Ironically, with all parties changed the lights on the far side of the pitch came back on fifteen minutes later.

Hyde United:

1. Danny Whiting
2. Ryan Embrey-Jones
3. Danny Turgeon
4. Mark German
5. Luke Trimble
6. Liam Delaney
7. Simon Riley
8. Robbie Todd
9. Louis Holt
10. Beck Murray
11. Ollie Ford


12. Callum Collinson
14. Tom French
15. Ronnie Song
16. Alex Head
17. Jack Benson

FC United of Manchester:

1. Ben Jupp
2. Charlie Doyle
3. Dan Cooke
4. Michael Jones
5. Marius Isdruga
6. Nathan Chorlton
7. Craig Lindfield
8. Dean Hope
9. Cameron Horner
10. Chris Hill
11. John Main


12 Robson Buckley (for 4, 60 mins)
14. Roger Degue (for 11, 50 mins)
15. Jack Ward (for 9, 67 mins)
16. Joel Bestley (for 3, 84 mins)
17. Ben Potter (for 5, 50 mins)

Previous Match Next Match

Football Club United of Manchester,

Broadhurst Park, 310 Lightbowne Road, Moston, Manchester, M40 0FJ

FC United Office Opening Hours - Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm

FC United Office Email -

FC United Office Phone - 0161 769 2005

FC United Office Fax - 0161 769 2014

Free Text Message Service - 07786 200 353

The Living Wage Foundation
FC United A-Z
Site Index

127 Club Members
Academic Papers
Advanced News Search
Away Grounds
Away Tickets & Travel
Broadhurst Park
Club Board Chart
Club Manifesto
Club Structure
Code of Conduct
Complaints Procedure Contact FC United
Co-owners' Area
Co-owners' Forum
Development Fund
Disabled Access
Doing Things Differently
Election Policy
Equal Opportunities
Ex-FC Utd Players
FC Groundhoppers
FC United & Live TV
FC United Blog FC United Shop
FCUM Radio
First Visit
Friendly Criteria
Half Time Draw
Home Tickets
Info for Visiting Fans
IPS Rules
League Table Links
Man of the Match
Match Day Photos
Members' Forum
Moston Juniors FC
News Archive
News Search
Old Boys
Ops Board Chart
Org Charts
Pink Newsletter
Punk Football
Press Releases Records
Season Tickets
SLT Chart
Supporters' Groups
Text Service
The Pink
Travel Hub
Web Archive
Who Are We?
You Tube
Copyright (c) 2005-2015 FC United of Manchester (except fixtures, tables and images used by kind permission of their respective rights holders). All rights reserved.