We have two Homework Club Support Work courses due to start soon.
- Abraham Moss Library on Thursdays, starting 20th November.
- St Saviour’s Church Hall, Rochdale Road, Collyhurst on Wednesdays starting on 26th November.
This course is aimed at unemployed adults with an interest in supporting their own children with literacy and numeracy. It is based on attending a weekly session for 12 weeks. Sessions will run from 9.30am to 2.30pm with a break for lunch.
Participants will learn how to;
- Understand school reports and work out what their children are meant to be learning to make progress in school.
- Design activities that support the work their children are doing in school.
- Design activities which help their children to have fun while learning.
- Give their children feedback that challenges and supports them.
- Work with other parents to organise community activities which support the learning of all participating children.
Participants will achieve an Open Awards Level 1 Award in Skills for Further learning and Employment called Homework Club Support Work.
Participants can also be awarded a PEARL Employability Skills Award.
Past participants have progressed into employment in schools and in other customer facing roles. Participants have also progressed onto Level 2 Teaching Assistant courses and other child care related courses are also a progression option.
To find out more about the courses contact Robin Pye on 0161 273 8950 and on .
04-11-2014 at 11:12