Football and Healthy Eating Day for Primary Schools
FC United of Manchester are offering primary schools a day's activities combining football with some active healthy eating lessons
The day is aimed at Years 5 and 6.
It is delivered by the Manager of FC United's first team, which has just been promoted for the third successive season, and a qualified teacher and uses specially prepared materials including three large tarpaulin sheets depicting the eat-well plate which lend themselves to a number of active games involving decisions about healthy food
The format of the day is:
- Assembly on who are FC United ?
- Two hour session for one class split into the following activities;
- games based on classifying food to achieve a balanced diet using the eat-well plate
- Warm up and stretching exercises used by FC United players
- Team building games
- Football-based activities accessible to pupils of all ablities
- creative activities - what is healthy food?
- Two hour session for a second group
The day can be adapted for schools with only one target class and for younger age groups
What do we need the school to provide?
- A DVD player for the assembly and screen and projector if available
- An outdoor area, field or playground
- Access to an indoor hall if the weather is poor
- A classroom with plenty of coloured pencils and felt tips available for the creative tasks
How do I book this session?
Please contact FC United directly by sending an e-mail to . Please include the following information in your e-mail;
- The dates you would like the session to be delivered (in order of preference)
- The class or classes you would like the session to be delivered to
- The timings of your school day
- Brief information about the outdoor facilities at your school
- A contact name, e-mail address and number.
FC United will then get back to you to organise the session.